This month’s highlighted product of the month is the Commercial drainage and water enquiry.
A drainage and water search that provides data on maps, billing, water quality, water pressure, connections and more.
Available for commercial properties, the Commercial drainage and water enquiry offers three different variations; the commercial basic, standard and extra.
The commercial basic is for small businesses, plots up to 100m2 in size and liability cover of up to £2m. Commercial standard is for properties up to 1 hectare with an increase in liability up to £5m. The Commercial extra is for properties above 1 hectare in size with liability cover up to £10m.
Each report includes an order summary, sewer / water record maps and detailed answers to drainage and water questions.
Contents of the Commercial Drainage and Water Enquiry
- Front page overview
- Order summary
- Sewer record
- Water record
- Map keys
- Sewer record map keys
- Water record map keys
- Questions with detailed answers
- Question 1.1 – Where relevant, please include a copy of an extract from the public sewer map
- Question 1.2 – Where relevant, please include a copy of an extract from the map of waterworks
- Question 2.1 – Does foul water from the property drain to a public sewer?
- Question 2.2 – Does surface water from the property drain to a public sewer?
- Question 2.3 – Is a surface water drainage charge payable?
- Question 2.4 – Does the public sewer map indicate any public sewer, disposal main or lateral drain within the boundaries of the property?
- Question 2.4.1 – Does the public sewer map indicate any public pumping station or any other ancillary apparatus within the boundaries of the property?
- Question 2.5 – Does the public sewer map indicate any public foul sewer within 30.48 metres (100 feet) of any buildings within the property?
- Question 2.5.1 – Does the public sewer map indicate any public pumping station or any other ancillary apparatus within 50 metres of any buildings within the property?
- Question 2.6 – Are any sewers or lateral drains serving, or which are proposed to serve the property, the subject of an existing adoption agreement or an application for such an agreement?
- Question 2.7 – Has a Sewerage Undertaker approved or been consulted about any plans to erect a building or extension on the property over or in the vicinity of a public sewer, disposal main or drain?
- Question 2.8 – Is the building which is or forms part of the property at risk of internal flooding due to overloaded public sewers?
- Question 2.9 – Please state the distance from the property to the nearest boundary of the nearest sewage treatment works
- Question 3.1 – Is the property connected to mains water supply?
- Question 3.2 – Are there any water mains, resource mains or discharge pipes within the boundaries of the property?
- Question 3.3 – Is any water main or service pipe serving, or which is proposed to serve the property, the subject of an existing adoption agreement or an application for such an agreement?
- Question 3.4 – Is the property at risk of receiving low water pressure or flow?
- Question 3.5 – What is the classification of the water supply for the property?
- Question 3.6 – Is there a meter installed at this property?
- Question 3.7 – Please include details of the location of any water meter serving the property
- Question 4.1.1 – Who is responsible for providing the sewerage services for the property?
- Question 4.1.2 – Who is responsible for providing the water services for the property?
- Question 4.2 – Who bills the property for sewerage services?
- Question 4.3 – Who bills the property for water services?
- Question 5.1 – Is there a Consent to discharge Trade Effluent under S118 of the Water Industry Act, 1991 into the public sewer? (Included in Commercial Standard & Extra reports)
- Explanation of the main map keys
- Guidance Notes
- Rights to discharge Trade Effluent (Commercial Standard & Extra only)
- Appendix 1 – Complaint Procedure
- Appendix 2 – Private sewer transfer – notes for property owners and conveyancers
- Appendix 3 – Terms & Conditions