Properties near former coal mining activity can be at risk from subsidence. The Coal Mining Report * details all past, present and proposed mining activities in an area.
Provided by the Coal Authority, this is the definitive mining search, showing all current and historical mining activity throughout the UK.
THE COMMERCIAL COAL MINING REPORT INCLUDES:
+ VAT per report
- Underground coal mining
- Opencast coal mining
- Surface geology (e.g. coal seam outcrops)
- Mine shafts
- Mine gas
- Surface hazards
- Working rights
- Coal mining subsidence
- Answers all question posed on the Law Society’s CON29M form
- 20m buffer zone for recorded mine entries
- Up to 14 approved Law Society questions answered
- 173,500 mine entries reported on across Britain
- 99% of reports dispatched within 24 hours of ordering
Since the 5th April 2019, the CON29M Coal Mining report has also had a number of enhancements including –
- A concise and handy glossary explaining key mining terms
- Professional opinion produced by the Coal Authority’s in-house experts which outlines current or potential coal mining risks
- Additional details on appropriate mine entries and known future developments and advice on obtaining a coal mining risk assessment
- Direct links to relevant interpretive follow-on reports
*Arranged by Severn Trent Searches, and provided by The Coal Authority.
We also offer other mining searches from the Coal Authority
COAL MINING OUT OF AREA REPORT
Confirms a property is not located in a coal mining area £23.81 + VAT (£28.57)
COAL INTERPRETIVE REPORT
The Coal Interpretive report offers expert analysis of the search results, assisting purchasers and their conveyancers in assessing possible risk from mining activity. For each mine entry, the risk assessment takes account of the geology beneath the property, assesses the accuracy of the mining records, and offers possible remedies to resultant problems. £123.91 + VAT (£148.69)
SUBSIDENCE BUFFERED CLAIMS REPORT
Where mining-related subsidence occurs, property owners are sometimes entitled to make a claim for compensation. The Subsidence Buffer report discloses the number of claims within 50 metres of a property, along with the outcome of the investigation. This provides an indication as to whether the property in question may also be at risk. £20.83 + VAT (£25.00) per claim. Total price dependent on the number of claims identified within 50 metres of the property.
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES
For the residential alternatives of this search, click the button below.