- Our Use of Personal Information
If you need to provide us with sensitive Personal Information (for example health information), you consent to Us processing this information where necessary, for the purposes described above.We may need to search the files of credit reference agencies who will record the search. We may share information about the way in which you conduct your account with other credit providers and credit reference agencies.
- We may share the information We hold about you with other reputable organisations.
- We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail, fax or other electronic means with offers of goods and services which may be of interest to you. By providing Us with details such as a fax number which enable Us to contact you in these ways, you consent to being contacted in that manner for these purposes.If you would prefer Us not to use your Personal Information for the purposes set out at paragraph (b)(i) and (ii) above, please write to Severn Trent Searches, PO Box 10155, Nottingham NG1 9HQ, DX 723860 Nottingham 43. Remember that if you do We will not be able to notify you of special offers and promotions.
- When might We Disclose your Personal Information to Others?
We may on occasion disclose your Personal Information to third parties not referred to above. However, please be assured that, except for the reasons listed below, We will not disclose your Personal Information to such third parties.
We may disclose your Personal Information to others in the following circumstances:
- Where We are required to do so by the Courts or to comply with other legal obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
- To detect and/or prevent crime;
- Where We believe that you may be interested in the services offered by other organisations (including Our group companies);
- For credit reference purposes.
- When might We transfer your Personal Information Abroad?
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored or recorded to protect the interests of Our business and Our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining high quality standards, crime detection and/or prevention and to ensure that Our employees comply with legal obligations and Our policies and procedures (including customer relations practices).
- What are Cookies and Why Might We Use Them?
A cookie is a piece of text which attaches to your hard drive and from which it can store and sometimes track information on how you make use of a web site. Please note that the web sites to which the Site may be linked may make use of their own cookies to collect information from you. At present, this site does not use persistant cookies. However, this may change in the future. Please revisit this statement on a regular basis to ensure that you understand what might happen as a result of your usage. We do currently use session based cookies for Google Analytics. This allows us to track how users move through the site, what browser they use and other relevant information. We have also implemented the Google Analytics Display Advertising feature which collects the demographic data and interests of our users. We use this data to keep the website content relevant to our user’s interests. The Demographics data does not include data to specific users or provide a list of websites visited. If you prefer to opt-out of receiving cookies you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics, or alternatively visit our FAQ page for further information on disabling cookies.
- External Information Sources
We may on occasion obtain Personal Information from external sources such as credit reference agencies, other organisations with whom We are in partnership or organisations which sell lists of personal data. We use this information for the purposes of marketing and ancillary purposes.
- Requests for Access to Personal Information
We are happy, on request from you, to provide details of your Personal Information, including Personal Information which We have obtained from external sources. To protect Our customers’ personal information, We follow strict storage and disclosure procedures, which means that We will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. We will also charge a small administration fee of £10 in relation to any requests for access to Personal Information.
- Information Updates
Please help us to keep your Personal Information current and accurate by contacting us at the above address if you notice that your Personal Information is inaccurate and/or out-of-date.
When you enter data on the Site, a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) is initiated. An SSL is a security device which ensures that any data which you enter is encrypted during transmission over the internet. Encryption of data is where data is encoded so that it is not legible until such time as it is decoded by Us. Further, if you provide Us with Personal Information such as bank account details, such data is held by Us in an encrypted form, rather than being decoded following transmission. We also have systems in place to ensure that your Personal Information cannot be accessed by unauthorised sources.However, as you may be aware, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will use reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information and the use of the Site (including the e-mail facilities) is at your own risk.
- Changes to This Policy
- Address for Correspondence
If you wish to advise Us of any changes to the Personal Information you have previously provided or notify Us that you no longer wish Us to use your Personal Information for the purposes set out at paragraph b(i) and (ii) above, please write to:Severn Trent Searches
PO Box 10155
Alternatively, you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org