Severn Trent Property Solutions Ltd (company no. 02562471), trading as Severn Trent Searches, operates this web site (“the Site”). The company’s registered office address is at Severn Trent Centre, 2 St John’s Street Coventry CV1 2LZ. The Site is provided free of charge for your convenience. In consideration for this, we require that you agree to the following terms (“these Terms”) for use of the Site. By using this Site you will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms.
These Terms (including any amendments made by Severn Trent Searches from time to time) will continue in force until such time as they are terminated. For details of how to terminate, please see below.
This Site is not to be accessed or used by users in countries other than in the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether the information available in this Site complies with the regulatory regime of countries from which the Site is not to be accessed.
Unless otherwise stated, any intellectual property rights arising in respect of this Site’s design, text, graphics, its selection and arrangement, software and all other material (“the Content”) on or in the Site belong to Severn Trent Searches and/or its licensors. Any use of such intellectual property rights or software or any reproduction of the Content is strictly prohibited except where expressly allowed under these Terms.
Permission is hereby granted to electronically copy and store (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) and print individual pages of the Content on paper (but not photocopy them) for the Site solely for the purpose of making use of our Services. You may also permit your computer to make an electronically stored, transient copy of the Content, including reproduction for purposes other than that hereby authorised (including the removal of copyright or trade mark notices), creation of an electronic or manual database by systematically downloading and storing the Content, distribution (whether electronically or not) or republication is prohibited.
Any requests for permission to use the Content in a manner otherwise than permitted by these Terms should be addressed, if by e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if by post, to Severn Trent Searches, Pure Offices, Sherwood Business Park, Lake View Drive, Nottingham, NG15 0DT / DX 723860 Nottingham 43.
For the avoidance of doubt, this permission does not transfer ownership to you or confer any other right on you in the whole or any part of the Content.
The name and logo of Severn Trent Searches are trade marks. You are not permitted to use or reproduce or allow anyone else to use or reproduce these trade marks for any reason.
We provide hyperlinks from the Site to web sites of third parties. Please note that we have no control over and are not responsible for the content of linked web sites and accordingly make no representation as to their contents. Severn Trent Searches provides these links for your convenience only but does not necessarily endorse the material on those web sites nor is Severn Trent Searches in any way responsible for any transaction conducted between you and any such third parties to whose web site we provide a link. You proceed to these web sites at your own risk.
YOUR ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY AND GENERAL RULES
You will receive a password upon being accepted to use the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and your account with us, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. For the avoidance of doubt, use of the Site by means of your password by other offices within your firm, or by other companies with whom you deal, is not permitted. You agree to (a) immediately notify Severn Trent Searches of any unauthorised use of your password or account and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each use of the Site. Severn Trent Searches will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
The purpose of the Site is to enable you to order water and drainage searches from us, as well as various other searches, which we can arrange to be provided to you by third parties. As such, we are reliant on you entering accurate details when placing your order and orders should be placed within the Site in accordance with these Terms and the following specific instructions:
It is your responsibility to check that you have entered the correct details on the order form. If you realise after submitting an order that the incorrect details have been entered, or you require assistance or clarification when using the Site to place an order, please contact us immediately on 0115 971 3550. Severn Trent Searches will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from you entering inaccurate details on the Site.
- If using the Site for the first time, or revising your contact details, your name, telephone number and e-mail address must be provided to us.
- All orders must be accompanied by your reference.
- If requesting a search in relation to a property which is less than five years old, when adding your order on the “Order Details” screen, you are required to enter the details of the developer of the property.
- When you place your order within the “Order Details” screen, there is a facility for you to enter additional information which you think may assist us in providing the water and drainage search. Please do not use this area for any other reason.
- Whilst it is acceptable for you to attach a plan showing the property for which you wish us to provide a search, you should not submit with your order any other documentation.
- Provision of the water and drainage search result is subject to Severn Trent Searches’ terms and conditions which you are requested to view within the Site before submitting your order.
ILLEGAL OR IMPROPER USE OF THE SITE
You may only use the Site for lawful purposes. You must not illegally transmit, distribute or store any material or violate any applicable law or regulation. This includes, without limitation, material which is protected by copyright, trade mark, trade secret or intellectual property right which you use without permission.
You may not circumvent or attempt to circumvent Severn Trent Searches’ security systems by ‘cracking’, ‘hacking’ or otherwise.
You agree not to use the Site to post, e-mail or otherwise transmit anything that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.
It is your responsibility to ensure that information which we hold about you is up to date and accurate. Failure to do so will be a breach of these Terms.
If either Severn Trent Searches or you wish to terminate the agreement between us this can be done by sending notice either by e-mail (by us to your e-mail address and by you to email@example.com or by post, by us to your usual address and by you to Severn Trent Searches, Pure Offices, Sherwood Business Park, Lake View Drive, Nottingham, NG15 0DT / DX 723860 Nottingham 43. Notices will be deemed to have been served one hour after transmission by e-mail and three working days after despatch by post. You are responsible for notifying Severn Trent Searches of any change to your e-mail address and postal address.
Any breach of these Terms shall entitle Severn Trent Searches to immediately terminate your use of the Site without notice.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
Severn Trent Searches makes no express or implied warranty or representation:
- As to the accuracy, completeness, fitness for any particular purpose or currency of the information accessible via the Site.
- that the Content is free from viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties including where such viruses or other programmes result in loss of or corruption to your data or other property;
- or as to the operation, quality, functionality or accessibility of the Site.
- Whilst we will do our best to maintain the operation of the Site in accordance with this agreement, we will not be responsible for the computer equipment and telephone services which you use to access the Site. Please also note that the Site will on occasion be unavailable because of maintenance and repair works which we carry out on the Site. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the time during which the Site is unavailable is kept to a minimum.
- No other warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations, terms or other liabilities whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise (if any) arising out of or in connection with use of (or inability to use) the Site or any material on the Site or any action or decision taken as a result or using the Site or any material on it are given.
- We will only be liable for any loss or damage which you suffer from your use of the Site which results directly from our breach of this agreement or from our negligence and which loss or damage was foreseeable to you and us at the time of entering into this agreement. We will not be liable for any loss of business, profits, contracts, goodwill and/or any other economic loss.
- We will not be liable for the content of any third party web sites or actions or omissions of their proprietors nor for the contents of third party advertisements and sponsorship which may appear on the Site.
Any liability of Severn Trent Searches shall be limited in respect of any one incident or a series of two or more connected incidents in relation to use of the Site to an amount equal to £10,000,000.
Any claim for loss or damage caused by us which you wish to make must be notified to us as soon as practicable after the loss or damage is discovered.
In the event of any claim against us by a third party resulting from use of the Site by you, you will be responsible for all of or losses, damages and reasonable costs and expenses. In the event of a third party claim against us you agree that you will give us full authority to conduct the matter, including as to defending or settling the matter and give us all reasonable assistance which you require from you in relation to the matter.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES
This agreement is deemed to have been made in England and is governed by English Law. Any dispute relating to this agreement shall be referred to the English courts.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.These Terms cannot be varied except in writing by a manager of Severn Trent Searches. Nothing said by any employee or agent of Severn Trent Searches will be capable of varying these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms if found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these Terms are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.