SEVERN TRENT Retail and Utility Services Limited aim to provide you with the highest standards of service relating to the insurance products we introduce, which are provided through carefully selected Affinity partners and are not provided by Severn Trent companies.
We hope to get it right first time and that you will provide positive feedback, but we accept that you may also occasionally wish to contact us to complain. We operate a one stage complaints process but if you are unhappy with the response you receive from a member of staff, at any time in this process, please ask for the complaint to be referred to their manager.
Step 1 – who and where to contact
Write to: Severn Trent Retail and Utility Services Limited, Pure Offices, Sherwood Business Park, Lake View Drive, Nottingham, NG15 0DT
Telephone: 0115 9713550 / 0800 042 2411, 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, or 9am – 4.30pm Friday
What information do we need to investigate and resolve your complaint promptly?
- Your name, address, daytime telephone number, & email if it is your preferred contact method
- Reference number or Policy number if you have one
- A clear description of your concern or complaint & what you would like us to do to put things right
If you have a policy or product with a company we introduced you to, please note the following:
It is a regulatory requirement of the Financial Conduct Authority that complaints are passed to the company you pay for a service or insurance policy. Insurance payments are not made to Severn Trent. You can still tell us if you are not happy with the service of a firm we have introduced but, if you have not dealt with the policy or product provider first, we will refer your complaint to that company, who must investigate and respond to you.
Step 2 – when will you receive a response?
Our aim is to resolve your complaint fully, to your satisfaction, and as quickly as possible.
- Within 3 working days is when we aim to resolve your complaint, and often by close of play the next working day. If this is not possible, we will contact to you within 5 working days and provide details of who is dealing with your complaint.
- During our investigation we may need further information from you or our partner(s) to resolve your complaint.
- Throughout this period we will keep you informed of our progress.
- Within 8 weeks of receiving the complaint, we will send you a final response. If, exceptionally, we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of receiving the complaint, we will write explaining our progress and the reasons for any delay. We will also tell you when we expect to be able to respond.
Severn Trent Retail and Utility Services Limited is part of Severn Trent Services and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (310729). The Financial Services Register can be checked at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do