The Groundsure HS2 and Energy search* provides information on both the proposed HS2 rail route, Crossrail, and a variety of energy and infrastructure projects.
The first phase of the proposed HS2 network, due to open in 2026, will connect London and Birmingham. The second phase, due for 2032 will extend the route north to both Leeds and Manchester. Both phases of the route pass right through the heart of the Severn Trent region. Prior to the route opening, there will be years of disruption to local residents during the construction phase, including the compulsory purchase of property in the vicinity of the route.
The Crossrail project, which comprises over 100km of new railway across London and the South East, including nine new stations. Once it opens in 2018, it will provide a 10% increase to London’s rail capacity.
The search covers information on a wide range of energy sources. Shale gas sites (fracking), oil, gas and coalbed methane exploration/extraction sites, wind farms, solar farms, power stations and power infrastructure are all included, as are details on proposed future developments.
THE HS2 AND ENERGY REPORT INCLUDES:
+ VAT per report
- Clearly distinguishes between different features, with separate maps for each section
- Individual maps for each type of energy infrastructure
- States whether a property is within 5000m of the proposed route of HS2, and the distance
- Identifies and grades the maximum speed of trains at the nearest point
- Measures distance to the nearest overland and below ground line location
- Includes details on property compensation schemes for HS2 and Crossrail, and construction timetables
- Identifies all Crossrail stations within a 5000m radius
- Provides information on construction sites and all worksites within a 1000m radius
- Unique planning data for proposed wind turbines and farms, solar farms, onshore wells, power stations, nuclear installations and major energy infrastructure
- Identifies any active planned wind and solar farms within 15km
- Hydrocarbon exploration and extraction sites within 25km
- Licencing blocks – which could be licenced for energy exploration, within 25km
- Wind farms within 15km
- Power stations and large scale energy infrastructure projects within 25km
- Current, planned and decommissioned nuclear power stations and infrastructure within 25km
- Planned small scale wind turbine applications searched to 5km
The report has now been updated to include the proposed revised route for phase 2, incorporating Sheffield city centre and Doncaster.
The report is backed by Groundsure’s £10 million Indemnity Insurance for complete peace of mind. This can be relied upon by all professional parties within a transaction, first purchasers/tenants and their advisers.
* Arranged by Severn Trent Searches, provided by Groundsure